The historic Poitrey Building, erected in 1888, was renovated to resemble the original architectural style lent to the community by the Rapp Brothers. The historic integrity of the building was maintained throughout the revitalization process of the building, now known as the Champions Center. This commercial building includes retail, offices, and the extended “Health and Wellness” program associated with Mt. Carmel.
Old photos show the building was originally quite ornate with decorative window lintels and an overhanging cornice. However, these ornamentations were removed during the country’s urge to modernize after WWII. The renovation of the building, which included significant structural improvements to the interior, also restored the façade to its original glory.