Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church was built by Jesuit priests in 1907 to serve the Italian and Spanish speaking immigrants who worked in the Trinidad area’s coal mines. The structure is in the Italianate style and was designed by the influential architect, Isaac Hamilton Rapp. It is one of the five churches listed in the Colorado State Registry of Historic Properties. The church and music hall sat abandoned until the roof collapsed in 2006. Refurbishing starting in 2008 which connected the original church to a later built multi story music hall. Keeping the historical façade of the church and the detached music hall, a link building was added to connect the two. The chapel building was underpinned to facilitate the construction of a walk-out basement ballroom. Today, Mt. Carmel is staffed by fully certified medical personnel covering both physical and behavioral health needs. Pediatric dental care was added in January of 2020. The campus also features multiple venues for weddings and other social events.